Soy Cheese and Vegetable Appetizers
Prep time: 0:45 Overall time: 0:45
6 servings scale / convert
6 slices Yves “The Good Slice” Soy cheese, any flavour 6 slices
6 sticks Cooked vegetable sticks (carrot, celery, asparagus)
1/4 cup flour
2 lg. egg whites or whole eggs
2 tbsp. milk or soy milk
1 cup breadcrumbs 1 cup
Oil for frying
Instruction: Have soy cheese on room temperature for at least 1 hour.
1. Have deep fryer preheated to 375-400°F.
2. Dip vegetable sticks in flour, place one on each cheese slices, roll them up tightly, cut them into 3 and coat pieces with flour.
3. Beat egg whites with milk.
4. Dip cheese pieces into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. In the palm of your hand press pieces to achieve a firm coating.
5. Repeat step 4.
6. Fry breaded cheese 10-20 seconds, until crisp and golden.
7. Serve hot or cold.
No comments are available.
Have you made it? What'd you think?
Log in to review this recipe.