Roast Pumpkin Soup
“A delicious winter soup great for those cold nights ^_^”
Prep time: 0:15 Overall time: 1:00
1 recipe scale / convert
1 Whole Butternut Pumpkin (Approx 1 1/2 kg)
2 Brown Onions
4 cloves Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Chicken / Vegetable Stock Cube
2 cups Water
Sour Cream (For Serving)
Hungarian Sweet Paprika (For Serving)
Chives (For Garnish)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Preheat Oven to 200c
2) Chop Pumpkin into small even pieces.
(You can remove the skin before you cook or if you are lazy like me you can let the pumpkin cool after cooking then skin it easily)
3) Peel the Onion and Garlic then Quarter the Onion.
4) Place onto baking tray drizzle very lightly with oil and place in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
(Check after 15 minutes)
5) Mix Stock Cube with 2 Cups Boiling Water
6) Place Pumpkin, Onion, Garlic, Stock, Cumin & Nutmeg into a blender.
(Blend until smooth)
7) Pour Mixture into pot and bring back to the boil.
8) Pour into a bowl
9)Dump 1 Tablespoon of Sour Cream into the center and stir lightly then sprinkle with paprika and garnish with chives.
10 Eat & Enjoy ^_^
Always nice with a slice of toasted fresh bread & butter.
Have you made it? What'd you think?
Log in to review this recipe.