Broccoli Cheese Soup
“A flavorful creamy soup that is easy to make. ”
100% would make it again Tweet
Prep time: 0:15 Overall time: 1:15
4 to 6 servings scale / convert
1 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 md. chopped onion
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb. fresh broccoli
1 cup carrot, julienned
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
3. Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don't. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
When adding the half and half, POUR SLOWLY.
I added potatoes to mine and it was excellent!
Have you made it? What'd you think?
Log in to review this recipe.