Prep time: 0:30 Overall time: 0:45
4 servings scale / convert
8 slices whole wheat bread
3 tsp. low fat butter
1-1/2 cup Green Giant Niblets Sweet Corn
2 tbsp. chopped onions
2 tbsp. chopped capsicum
2 tsp. finely chopped green chillies
1 cup low fat milk
1 tbsp. cornflour
1 tsp. oil
Salt to taste
1-1/3 tbsp. grated cheese
For the Toast Cases:
1. Remove the crust from the bread slices.
2. Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam them for 5 to 7 minutes in a pressure cooker.
3. Roll out a little and press into the cavities of a muffin tray which is greased with butter.
4. Brush with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes or until crisp.
For the Filling:
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
2. Add the capsicum and green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the corn, milk, cornflour and salt and cook till the mixture thickens. Keep aside.
How to Proceed:
1. Fill a little mixture in each toast case, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in hot oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
2. Serve hot.
No comments are available.
Have you made it? What'd you think?
Log in to review this recipe.